Recipe by mary winecoff
A combination of recipes.
Top Review by jonesies
I was excited to find a recipe that used my over abundnce of both hot peppers AND zucchini! Unfortunately, my jelly failed to set. I still intend on pouring it over cream cheese and for other recipes, but I was certainly disappointed. Not sure what went wrong because I followed the recipe step by step. I may try another batch and post an update. Thanks for sharing!
- 5 habanero peppers, stems removed
- 5 jalapeno peppers, stems removed
- 5 cups seeded cubed zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 7 cups sugar
- 6 fluid ounces certo liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place habaneros, jalapenos, zucchini and vinegar in food processor and process until smooth.
- Combine pepper and zucchini mixture in heavy bottom pot with sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add pectin and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into sterile jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.