Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hummus with a kick! From the Pepper Fool website.
Make and share this Habanero Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 whole habanero pepper (and or 1 tsp habanero powder)
- 1 red bell pepper, Roasted, seeded, skin removed
- 10 garlic cloves
- 10 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cayenne or paprika
- olive oil
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserve liquid from one can. put all ingredients in a food processor or blender, process till smooth. Add reserved liquid (or more olive oil) if hummus is too thick.
- To serve: Put into a serving dish, sprinkle with cayenne or paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with toasted pita wedges. Also great with vegies.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups and is easially halved.