Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was looking for an addition to our rotation of Tapatio, Sriracha, and Tabasco. We like both heat and flavor. This is amazing. It doesn't taste too peachy, which was my fear, just well balanced. It's similar to recipes I found online, one called Bob's "Liquid Fire" and another called Garry's Habanero Hot Sauce, with just a few tweaks.
- 6 habanero peppers, stemmed (remove seeds if you can't take the heat)
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can peaches in light syrup
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (because I had neither ground ginger or allspice on-hand)
- Put everything in a food processor or blender until there are no more chunks.
- Pour into a glass jar or bottle. I poured mine into a clean 12-oz bottle that used to hold Crystal hot sauce, because I wanted the shaker top insert.
- If you want to keep it shelf-stable, you could probably pour into glass jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.