Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful recipe for hot sauce that may be used in many recipes, if you are a lover of spicy sauce then you will love this, I make it all the time and use it in many recipes --- you may adjust the habanero peppers to suit heat level, for milder heat use 8 and for extreme heat use 12, I use the 12 habaneros my family loves extreme heat!--- a few dashes of sauce is all that is needed, this is hot and please use gloves while handling the hot peppers --- I have left the liquid smoke seasoning as optional I like to add it in, use only canned not fresh peaches for this sauce, servings is of coarse estimated --- you will love this!
Top Review by graffeetee
this sauce is so flavorful as well as being hot! even a small amount adds a lot to a recipe, which is my favorite use of this, besides being a table condiment. i shared some with our neighbors and they went wild over it too. they told me they put it on everything except dessert!
- 8 -12 fresh habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared french's yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning (optional or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chopped peppers, peaches with the syrup, molasses, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar into a food processor or blender, then add in all spices except the liquid smoke; blend until smooth.
- Add in liquid smoke (if using) start with 1/4 teaspoon adding in more to taste.
- Pour into glass jars, seal tightly and refrigerate for a few days before using.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.