This is a wonderful recipe for hot sauce that may be used in many recipes, if you are a lover of spicy sauce then you will love this, I make it all the time and use it in many recipes --- you may adjust the habanero peppers to suit heat level, for milder heat use 8 and for extreme heat use 12, I use the 12 habaneros my family loves extreme heat!--- a few dashes of sauce is all that is needed, this is hot and please use gloves while handling the hot peppers --- I have left the liquid smoke seasoning as optional I like to add it in, use only canned not fresh peaches for this sauce, servings is of coarse estimated --- you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -12 fresh habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can peach slices in heavy syrup
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared french's yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning (optional or to taste)
- 1Place the chopped peppers, peaches with the syrup, molasses, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar into a food processor or blender, then add in all spices except the liquid smoke; blend until smooth.
- 2Add in liquid smoke (if using) start with 1/4 teaspoon adding in more to taste.
- 3Pour into glass jars, seal tightly and refrigerate for a few days before using.
- 4Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Habanero Hot Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 75
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 143.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: