Recipe by Karen From Colorado
The longer this sauce is stored in the refrigerator, the more pungent the sauce becomes. Try your own variations.
Top Review by travistague
when I read the reviews the first one said too much jalapenos. the second one said the cut the sugar in half. I don't see any in the recipe. so I used 3 large jalapenos and 7 habanero It came out good but kind had too much vinegar taste but that is still warm next time I will use half water and half vinegar but none the less a very good and hot sauce
- 4 -5 fresh habanero peppers (with seeds)
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 6 -7 jalapenos (with seeds)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender on high, blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in a clean jar and refrigerate.