Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really tasty and spicy low-fat option. Forget about boring diet chicken dinners. The sauce makes all the difference.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups cooked penne
- 1 (12 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped (or less if you find it too hot)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tsp of oil. Rub chicken with lime juice, salt and pepper and cook until skin is brown. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and cook onions, garlic, thyme and chile for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts and simmer until chicken is throughly cooked. If sauce gets too thick, add a little water.
- Adjust salt to taste. Serve whole chicken breast with sauce on a bed of cooked pasta.
Yummy chicken! Spicy hot but so good. I had some large macaroni on hand so used that for the pasta, and used dried thyme instead of fresh. The chicken cooked up quite moist and tender in the spicy sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012
Very good - an excellent taste combo that makes this so much more than just chicken in tomato sauce! I used 500 g of cubed chicken instead of whole chicken breasts and 1/2 ts of dried thyme as didn't have fresh, but otherwise followed the recipe. Oh, and used 1 ts of salt on the chicken, which seemed about right! One small habanero was just perfect for me: great warm heat instead of taste-killing heat! ;-) Thank you for sharing!