Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This jam is figgy GOOD, and Habby HOT!
Make and share this Habanero Fig Jam-Hot and Spicy Good! recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs figs, 8 cups pureed with chucks remaining
- 1 large granny smith apple, cut into chunks under ripe is great
- 4 red habaneros or 8 jalapenos, leave seeds if you want more heat
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled lemon juice
- 3⁄4 ounce sure jell powder pectin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups sugar
- Place apple habaneros and 1 cup sugar in food processor and pulse till very fine. Place into a large nonreactive heavy bottom pot. Add everything but the sugar. Stirring in the pectin to dissolve.
- Bring to a full rolling boil,(a boil that doesn`t stop when stirred).
- Add sugar and return to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and ladle into sterilized jars. Leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims and place lids on add screw tops.
- Process in a hot water canner for 10 minutes.
- Remove and leave in a draft free spot to seal for 24 hours.
- Label and store in a dark cool spot.
I made this today using jalapenos and incorporated much of the seeds from the peppers. It has a good taste but looks runny. Time will tell.