This recipe is one that my aunt gave me, and I have made some modifications. If you don't have peppers, I recomend Dave's Insanity Sauce (added 1 teeny drop at a time to taste).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1When selecting Haas Avocados, it is important to make sure that they are ripe if you want to use them right away.
- 2Ripe Characteristics: *Skindarkens as it ripens. *Fruityields to gentle pressure when ripe."http://www.avocado.org/avocado-facts/hass-avocados.php".
- 3Rinse off produce.
- 4Take avocados and take a sharp knife and slice to the pit lengthwise, then carefully slide knife around keeping the blade against the pit cutting the avocado in half.
- 5pull the pieces apart.
- 6Using the blade of the knife wack the pit embedding the knife into it and turn, this should free the pit.
- 7Using a spoon scrape the flesh of the fruit from the skin, need the stem of the avocado make sure to remove any unwanted bits.
- 8Place fruit into mixing bowl and repeat for the rest of the avocados.
- 9Using a masher, or spoon, mash the avocados until they are a homogeneous paste.
- 10Dice the produce to the desired thickness that you like.
- 11You can keep the seeds in if you like.
- 12Dice the garlic as fine as you wish.
- 13Add this mixture, except hot peppers to the bowl.
- 14Take the lime and put it into a microwave for about 15-30 seconds.
- 15This will bring more juices out of the lime.
- 16Then cut it in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl.
- 17Add the beer, if you desire.
- 18Thouroughly mix the ingredients.
- 19Slowly add hot pepper/sauce and seeds, testing for hotness.
- 20When it is ready, salt to taste, remember that the tortilla chips will also be somewhat salted.
- 21It is best to test the guacamole with a chip.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Haas Kickin' Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g