Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I guess I'm showing my age when I remember H.O. oatmeal? I don't know if that brand exists anymore, but the recipe came from the box panel and boy were they good. Nothing fancy, just pure and simple ingredients make these wonderful oatmeal cookies. HO oats were quick cook oats and that they were small and powdery in texture. Maybe that's why there was no flour in the recipe??? Since I use whole oats which are hard to stick together; I put my oats in the food processor and pulse a few times which breaks them down and makes a kind of flour out of them.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly with hands until mixture holds together.
- Press dough into 1-inch balls.
- Flatten with a fork; Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- (You could add raisins, or chocolate chips to fancy these up).
My Mom made these all the time and they would disappear in a flash. I think the original recipe called for stick margarine instead of butter, probably a brand that doesn't exist anymore.... I have the original recipe somewhere....!
I came across this recipe when looking for recipes w/o flour. To make it even healthier, I baked with applesauce in place of butter, and they turned out scrumptious!
These cookies disappeared quickly when put on the table. I didn't flatten them, they held together much better that way.