1/1 Photo of Gyudon (Japanese Beef Bowl)
This is my kind of Gyudon, my family favorite. I have made it million times (literally). It is such a quick and simple recipe that can be fixed in no time. Even Dashi and Mirin are not required. The recipe is posted here for safe keeping. Hope you like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and sugar.
- 2Pour 1/3 cup of the soy sauce mixture over beef and marinade it for at least 10 minutes.
- 3Heat vegetable oil in a wok. Add chopped onion and stir-fry until the onion is transparent.
- 4Add the marinade beef and stir-fry until it is cooked about 3 minutes.
- 5Pour the remaining soy sauce mixture in the wok. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 6Add beaten egg in the wok and cover for 2 minutes.
- 7Serve Gyudon over hot rice. Season with Japanese grounded chili and pepper for an extra kick.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gyudon (Japanese Beef Bowl)
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 1359.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: