Recipe by cuteandbublee
Where i live in japan we always eat at matsuya and yoshinoya and their best selling dish is the gyudon i loveee it!!!!! i like to add cracked pepper on top
- 4 cups steamed cooked japanese-style rice (i use california sushi rice)
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef sukiyaki beef
- 1 onion
- 1 1⁄3 cups dashi stock
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sake
Directions See How It's Made
- make rice in a rice cooker.
- slice onion thinly.
- Put dashi, soysauce, sugar, mirin, and sake in a pan.
- Add onion slices in the pot and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add beef in the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot steamed rice in a deep rice bowl.
- Put the beef topping on the top of rice.
- top with the red ginger or just cracker pepper.