Recipe by Dancer^
We had these for lunch today, my dh loved them, seeing he ate 3 halfs, what a piggy.
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
Excellent recipe dancer! I love Greek food and this fit the bill. I cooked it exactly as written except I warmed the pitas slightly in the microwave and added a touch of lettuce and tomato as topping if desired along with the sliced onions. Many thanks!
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 2 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork crosswise into thin slices.
- Slice them into strips 5 x 1/2-inch.
- Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and oregano.
- Pour over pork slices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, garlic and dill.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Drain marinade from pork slices and place pork in single layer in shallow pan.
- Roast until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Open each pita half to form a pocket.
- Distribute pork among each half pita.
- Top each sandwich with some chilled yogurt mixture and sliced onions.