Recipe by pheebess
Parenting magazine published 4 easy recipes based on the precooked meatball. I tried one and it was great. Here is another that I haven't tried, but it sounds good.
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup peeled diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 precooked meatballs, chopped
- 8 mini whole wheat pita bread
- 2 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat meatballs in the microwave for 2 minutes. Heat pitas in microwave for 1 minute.
- Slice think strip from the top of each pita; carefully open and fill each with 2 Tbs lettuce, 2 Tbs tomatoes, and 1/4 cup chopped meatballs. Top with 1 to 2 Tbs sauce.