Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this in a cooking magazine and it was submitted by Mandy Rivers from Lexington, SC. I've also added Greek seasoning. For the suggested tzatziki sauce, I would recommend using Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning (I found mine at Walmart)
- 2 lbs ground lamb or 2 lbs ground beef
- tzatziki, sauce (for a really good one, use Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce )
- If making your own sauce, prepare it the day before you are planning to make the meatloaf.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients (everything but the lamb/beef and tzatziki sauce).
- Crumble lamb or beef over the mixture and combine well.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 11x7" baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermostat reads 160.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle with tzatziki sauce.