Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Creamy cucumber sauce tops off these grilled beef-and-lamb burgers served in a pita. Not terribly authentic, but certainly tasty.
- 2 (8 ounce) containers plain yogurt, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) packagedry ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced fine, and excess water squeezed out
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 container of plain yogurt with the envelope of ranch dressing mix. Remove half of the mixture to another bowl. Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of plain yogurt, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic and diced cucumber; mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill and lightly oil grate.
- Mix the ground beef, ground lamb, onion, 2 garlic cloves, black pepper, oregano and marjoram into the remaining half of the yogurt mixture. Shape into 6 hamburger patties.
- Grill patties on medium heat for 7 minutes each side, turning once.
- Cut off 1/4 end of the pita pockets and fill with torn lettuce, grilled burger, creamy cucumber sauce and diced tomatoes.