Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this off another site, and boy are they good. Serve on warm pita bread with thinly sliced onion, lettuce, tomato and Tzatziki sauce.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground lamb
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 slice bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash cumin
- In a large bowl combine meats, garlic, breadcrumbs, and seasonings. Knead until mixture is stiff. Shape into 4 very thin patties (1/8 to 1/4 inch thick).
- Grill patties on medium high heat until cooked through, turning once.