Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious burgers with the taste of an authentic gyro!
- 2 (8 ounce) containers low-fat plain yogurt, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 3 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- combine 1 container of yogurt with ranch dressing mix. remove half of the mixture to another bowl. Into one of the bowls, add the remaining container of yougurt and diced cucumber; mix well. cover and refrigerate.
- mix the ground beef with the onion and remaining yogurt mixture; shape into 6 patties.
- grill on medium heat or on grill pan for 7 minutes each side, turning only once.
- cut pita in half. Open the pocket gently, and put inside one burger, a slice of tomato, some lettuce and spoon in the refrigerated cucumber-yogurt sauce.
Very good! Fairly simple to prepare and a nice change from the ordinary cheeseburger.
very good burger, even my picky eaters liked this. It was cheaper than the gyro kits two thumbs up.:D
FANTASTICALLY GREAT! Recipe is first rate! Felt VERY Greek today, TRUE! A DEFINATE keeper recipe for me too! THANKS!