Gooood! Need I say more. If you are opposed to pork, you can also make this with chicken, turkey breast,veal. Easy to.
- 4 boneless pork steaks, wipe with a little lemon on each side
- 1 egg, add a little water approx. 1 tblsp. and slightly beat
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 medium onion, slice thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, slice thinly
- 4 -5 large mushrooms, sliced then halved if too large
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, plus
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- sweet paprika
- chili powder or sometimes i use cajun seasoning
- Sprinkle the pork the salt and pepper then dip into the egg mixture.
- Then from there it goes into the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry until both sides are brown.
- Don't fry too long you don't want to toughen the steaks.
- Remove the steaks and add the onion, and peppers to the drippings and saute a few min.
- Add the mushrooms, water, bouillon and you will bring this mixture to a boil.
- In a small dish combine your cornstarch and about a tblsp.
- of cold water and make a paste.
- Add this to the pan and stir to make a sauce.
- Stir constantly until your sauce is thickened.
- Season with Salt, Pepper, Paprika, and Chili Powder, or Cajun Seasoning to taste.
- Add your steaks, simmer for about 5-10 min and serve with a nice rice mixture, potatoes, spaetzle or even gnocchi.
- If you want in that five min.
- cooking you could sneak a little white wine in there to give it a nice flavor-- if it's a holiday!