1/1 Photo of Gyoza
This is a really easy and popular recipe in our house. I wish I could show you the "accordian pleats" but if your not sure, a fork's tines around the edge would do! Chicken or ham will work in this too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse cabbage leaves and onions, pat dry and mince finely.
- 2Grate ginger root and press or mince the garlic.
- 3Combine all with the ground pork, add the salt, pepper and soy sauce and mix well by hand.
- 4Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture in the middle of each wrapper.
- 5Dampen one edge of the wrapper, fold over and form the edge into accordian pleats.
- 6spread the dumplings out on a good-sized, lightly oiled pan and saute on medium until nicely browned.
- 7Add enough water to cover just the bottom of the gyoza dumplings.
- 8Cover pan and steam till the water cooks off.
- 9Eat the dumpling whilst they are hot with Vinegar Soy sauce if you wish.
- 10*VinegarSoy Sauce; equal parts of soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, and a few drops of rayu (chinese style red chilli pepper oil).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gyoza
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 53.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: