Recipe by Annacia
These soft, chocolate-coffee-flavored cookies harbor both cinnamon and cappuccino chips (though they have also been made with chocolate and cappuccino chips to wonderful effect). If you can't find cappuccino chips just skip them or try toffee, butterscotch or any other you might like.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup double dutch dark cocoa or 1⁄3 cup natural cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, 8 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 cup cappuccino chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the sugars, espresso powder, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, beating till well-combined.
- Stir in the chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated 375°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they're just barely set.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen 2 1/2-inch cookies.