1/1 Photo of Gwen's Butter Rich Dinner Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
Gwen Sargeant's Note:
I have used this recipe for over 30+ years. I first saw it in a cookbook put together by factory workers. I received this cookbook as a gift and have since made it my main and favorite cookbook. It is so ragged and well used. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have making them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water.
- 2In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, salt and milk.
- 3Cool to luke warm.
- 4Stir in eggs and yeast.
- 5Gradually add flour to form a stiff dough, beating well after each addition.
- 6Knead methold: Knead on floured surface until smooth and satiny (about 5 minutes).
- 7Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 8Work done, cover, let rise again until about double, put into rolls and let rise again for another hour.
- 9Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gwen's Butter Rich Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 296.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g