Recipe by Lori Mama
Guy Fieri was making this salad on his Big Bite show one day and it looked really tasty, so I gave it a try with some modifications. Note: Since this recipe contains bread, it will turn soggy if not consumed right away. If you like, you could serve the bread on the side and let the diners help themselves. Also helps should there be any leftovers.
- 1 loaf rustic Italian bread, cut into medium sized cubes
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup peeled seeds, removed and diced English cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 4 tablespoons freshly julienned basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese or 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, cut in half, pitted and flesh diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet and toast until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, garlic, capers, parsley and basil.
- Drizzle in the vinegars, oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss again.
- Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, toss together with the toasted bread cubes.
- Gently fold in goat or Feta cheese, avocado and adjust seasoning, if necessary.