Recipe by catercow
Titled this because my boyfriend ADORES mashed potatoes, especially these. This should actually be called 'Christopher's Potatoes'. Anyways, the recipe here is the simple plain way with added herb flavoring, if you like you can make different variations such as cheese by adding 2 tbsp grated Parmesan and 1 cup grated cheddar to the end result instead of herbs. Mix and match to your, or your fella's, own tastes :)
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free margarine, cut into pats
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, hot
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into uniform pieces and place in a large pot filled with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add butter, 1 tsp salt and pepper to pot. Mash the mix with a potato masher. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Add milk, a little at a time while mashing potatoes until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the parsley, scallions, and thyme.
- Mix into potatoes and serve immediately.