Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Food Network's Guy Fieri. As a shortcut, I used a roasted chicken purchased from my grocery store. As a healthier alternative, low-fat mozzarella and low-fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese may also be used. The minced jalapeno may be a little too hot, and if left off, a green olive and black olive tapenade with canned green chiles or sun-dried tomatoes is also very good. I noticed that Guy's recipe used lemon, rather than lime juice, so I substituted the lime juice as indicated. This is delicious!
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, roasted and julienned
- 1 chicken, roasted, boned, skin discarded and shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for garnish
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1⁄4 cup roma tomato, diced for garnish
- 4 sourdough rolls, warmed
- Layer 2 (15-inch) sheets of heavy aluminum foil together and fold 1/4-inch of the edges together to create 1 sheet. Repeat with another 2 pieces of foil, to create 2 double foiled sheets. Bend the edges of 1 of the sheets up 2 inches, to help keep the liquid in the foil.
- On a double sheet of foil, layer (in this order), the oil, onions, jalapeno, red bell peppers, chicken, salt and pepper, garlic, cilantro, cheeses, lemon juice and tequila.
- Put the second, double layered foil sheet on top of layered ingredients. Fold both double layered sheets of foil together in 1/4-inch folds, 4 times. When all the sides are folded together, make sure that the pouch is not leaking. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To cook preheat the oven or grill to 250 degrees F. Remove the foil pouch from the refrigerator and put on the grill, being careful not to snag the foil pouch and tear it open. Grill for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the pouch from the grill and slice the bag open. Garnish with the tomatoes, cilantro, and Parmesan and serve on warmed rolls.
Made it for our Summer kick off beach party. Delish!!