Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Regis & Kelly's Healthy Hearty SuperBowl recipes 2008
- 15 jalapenos, preferably red, cut in half, seeded and deveined
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- In a medium saute pan heat oil to medium add onions, peppers and garlic, cook until translucent.
- Let all hot ingredients cool to room temperature, then add cream cheese, and Parmesan, mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into half of jalapeno, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Place sheet try of stuffed peppers in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese melts.
- Garnish with minced chives and parmesan cheese.
These were quite tasty. I used much less cream cheese than indicated (but then I had small jalapenos) and baked them for twice as long as stated in the recipe.
These were easy and sooo good, my husband ate a whole batch. And they are not too bad for you! A great tip: use any left over cream cheese stuffing from this recipe in omelets the next morning. Awesome!