Karen in MA's Note:
from Regis & Kelly's Healthy Hearty Super Bowl recipes 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp
- 16 (8 inch) corn tortillas (or flour if preferred)
- canola oil
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
Pico de Gallo
- 1In medium bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, cumin, salt, and pepper; mix thoroughly. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2Warm tortillas on grill or pan. Cover with a towel to keep warm.
- 3In a medium Dutch oven, heat the canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- 4Remove shrimp from marinade, shake off excess, grill for 4 to 5 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- 5Mix cabbage, cilantro and onion. Stack 2 tortillas; place 1/8th of shrimp on top of each, and top with cabbage mixture and Pico de Gallo, serve immediately.
- 6Directions for Pico de Gallo:.
- 7In a bowl, mix all ingredients, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 1 hour for flavors to meld.
Browse Our Top Californian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guy Fieri's Grilled Shrimp Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: