From Guy's new cookbook, these are for you chicken lovers! He says these will rock 'n' roll without getting fried.
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chili-garlic sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (put in dry skillet and toast over low heat-watch carefully)
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- Cut wings apart at joints and discard tips(or save to make chicken broth). In a large glass bowl, combine water, salt, 1/4 cup of the chili garlic sauce and 1/4 cup of the honey. Stir until the salt is dissolved. Add the wings and chill for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- To make the basting and dipping sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sriracha, remaining honey, vinegar, and ginger and mix well. Set aside half of the sauce for serving in order to avoid contamination.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Drain the wings and season them with sea salt and pepper. Grill the wings until golden, 15-20 minutes, turning as needed. When the wings reach the right color, continue cooking over indirect heat until they're at the desired doneness, then baste them with the sauce, turning as needed until the wings are glossy and well coated. Garnish the wings with the sesame seeds and green onion and serve with the reserved dipping sauce.