Adrienne in Reisterstown's Note:
Absolutely crazy insane delicious. I didn't bother with making a pie crust. A Pillsbury fresh frozen one worked just fine. The Mojo sauce had mixed reviews in the family. I didn't care for it but the hubby thought it was ok and the daughter liked it. In addition, I used a pulled pork from a tub that had a very light, mild and sweet bbq sauce to it. I also used a bit more swiss cheese -- ok we like cheese. We didn't bother with the tomato and pickle decoration either. It smelled so good and look so good coming out of the oven there was no time for that. Enjoy! It's awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced, plus
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 cup roma tomato, diced
Cuban Pie Ingredients
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 7 ounces barbecued pork, bbq style pulled pork
- 5 ounces deli ham, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons mustard, your preference
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly shredded or grated
- 2 dill pickles, thin sliced
- 1 tomato, thin sliced
Mojo Sour cream (Alla Munee) Ingredients
- 1Mojo Sour cream (Alla Munee) Directions:.
- 2Mix in bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3Cuban Pie Crust Directions:
- 4Sift together flour and salt into medium bowl.
- 5Gently blend shortening into flour until mixture is crumbly.
- 6Stir in just enough cold water to keep it all together.
- 7Knead or process until smooth ball is formed, as little work as possible.
- 8Roll in a ball and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 9Remove, divide into 2 equal balls and roll out to 9-inches.
- 10Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 11Drape crust into pie tin, poke with a fork and cover with waxed paper.
- 12Fill bottom with dried beans and bake pie shell for 10 minutes or until crust lightly browns.
- 13Remove and cool before filling.
- 14Sofrito Directions:.
- 15Add oil to a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic, cook until translucent, but do not brown.
- 16Add tomatoes, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 17Remove pan from heat and hold to add to pork.
- 18Pie Filling Directions:
- 19Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 20Add 2 ounces of the Swiss cheese to pre-cooked pie shell, add pulled pork on top of Swiss cheese.
- 21Top pulled pork with sofrito mixture.
- 22Add remaining Swiss on top of pork.
- 23Lay sliced ham on top of Swiss cheese.
- 24Mix together the heavy cream and mustard and pour on top of ham and then top with Parmesan.
- 25Add pie crust to top, wrap aluminum foil around edges of pie crust, and bake for 25 minutes.
- 26Remove pie from oven, let cool and set for 5 minutes.
- 27Add sliced pickles to the center of the pie, starting at the center and fanning the pickles in the middle.
- 28Add sliced tomatoes to the outside ring of the edge of the pie, overlapping the pickles in the center.
- 29Cut pie and serve with dollop of Mojo Sour cream.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guy Fieri's Cuban Pie Alla Munee
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1107.4
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 1201.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g