Recipe by mrs.pin
my ex bil taught me how to make this years ago. he has since passed on and everytime i make this i think of him. be sure to use a heavy bottomed pan with a tight fitting lid!! keep heat on low!!! check and stir rice as needed to prevent burning or sticking
- 2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- in large skillet heat oil to medium- high heat.
- add onions and saute until soft.
- add the uncooked rice and cook until lightly browned.
- transfer mixture to heavy bottomed pot add water and tomato sauce and bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- reduce heat to low and add cilantro.
- cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook for 20-25 minutes until all the liquid is gone.
- fluff rice with a fork and serve hot.