Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for World Tour 2006, this is a mildly tangy cucumber salad of the sort you can find at small cafes and private homes in Germany. I loved this one when I lived there. It's not fancy but it is definitely tasty.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Peel cucumbers and cut into very thin slices.
- Mix together vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper and pour over cucumbers.
- Marinate about 20 minutes to an hour but no more than that; drain off liquid, toss cucumbers with sour cream, then top with fresh parsley and serve.
I added some thinly sliced sweet onion and really liked the sweating technique. I eyeballed the sour cream to meet the consistency I wanted. At the end I added fresh parsley and dill. This dish is very refreshing and tasty! Highly recommend trying this recipe.
A very refreshing salad. I did not have sour cream so I used non-fat plain yogurt. This will be a regular for me. I bet some dill weed would be good in it!
A very good salad. Refresing and low cal! I used low fat Greek yogurt because we don't have sour cream here. I remove the skin of the cucumber though, next I leave it on. I also used more parsley! Thanks Janet for posting it!