Recipe by NoraMarie
Again this is from my Woman’s Day cookbook.
Top Review by mama smurf
I put the cukes in the fridge last night to marinate and then for an early dinner I made these to go with your Sea Scallop recipe#194943...everyone loved the meal. I followed the directions exactly and will follow it again. Thank you for submitting your recipe. Made in memory of NoraMarie's husband Ed.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 large sweet onion
- ice water
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers. Score with a fork.
- Thinly slice cucumber and onions.
- Arrange alternate layers of cucumber and onions in a bowl, sprinkling each layer heavily with salt.
- Cover with ice water.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain and wash with running water.
- Drain well.
- Blend oil with vinegar.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers and onions and marinate for several hours.
- Drain. Stir in sour cream and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Prepare several hours ahead of serving.