Again this is from my Woman’s Day cookbook.
Make and share this Gurkensalat [cucumber Salad] recipe from Food.com.
- Peel cucumbers. Score with a fork.
- Thinly slice cucumber and onions.
- Arrange alternate layers of cucumber and onions in a bowl, sprinkling each layer heavily with salt.
- Cover with ice water.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain and wash with running water.
- Drain well.
- Blend oil with vinegar.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers and onions and marinate for several hours.
- Drain. Stir in sour cream and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Prepare several hours ahead of serving.
I put the cukes in the fridge last night to marinate and then for an early dinner I made these to go with your Sea Scallop Sea Scallops...everyone loved the meal. I followed the directions exactly and will follow it again. Thank you for submitting your recipe. Made in memory of NoraMarie's husband Ed.
Cool and crisp with a tangy creamy dressing; love it! I usually put dill in salads like this, but I loved the fresh parsley and paprika. I think fresh cilantro would work, too. I followed the method exactly, but only used 2 tbsp of oil. Thanx for a great cuke salad!
Ate it right up! I was given a bunch of cucumbers, so have been trying different recipes. This was very good. Thanks! Made for the Beverage tag game.