Again this is from my Woman’s Day cookbook.
Make and share this Gurkensalat [cucumber Salad] recipe from Food.com.
- Peel cucumbers. Score with a fork.
- Thinly slice cucumber and onions.
- Arrange alternate layers of cucumber and onions in a bowl, sprinkling each layer heavily with salt.
- Cover with ice water.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Drain and wash with running water.
- Drain well.
- Blend oil with vinegar.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers and onions and marinate for several hours.
- Drain. Stir in sour cream and pepper to taste.
- Top with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Prepare several hours ahead of serving.