Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Slice cucumbers paper-thin.
- Sprinkle slices with sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 20 minutes, drain off liquid, and toss lightly with sour cream.
- Top with minced parsley.
Is this good and easy! We usually make the hand-me-down recipe of my Polish family which is VERY labor intensive...overnight brining and such. These taste so good that I might be making these all the time except for the holiday meals! Added a dash of garlic powder and some minced chives as well. To die for Mimi!
this is really a very refreshing light salad, we enjoyed this very much. i've never made it with sour cream before. thanks mimi
This is delicious! I made it exactly as written and it was great. I only had one picky kid who didn't love it, but she hates cucumbers. Everyone else went back for more.