Top Review by ChezPuppy
Good, but needs much more seasoning than the recipe calls for. We found we didn't like the texture of the chunks of cucumber, so next time I make this I'll puree everything before serving. With some adaptation, this could easily become a favorite :)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4 medium potatoes, Peel And Dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, Grated
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber and slice it lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Dice cucumber.
- In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan boil potatoes in salted water until the potatoes are very soft.
- Pour potatoes and cooking liquid into a sieve or food mill set over a large bowl.
- Force potatoes through.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Stir in pepper, cream, milk, grated onion and the cucumber.
- Simmer gently about 5 minutes or until the cucumber is tender.
- Add dill and season to taste.
- Serve hot.