Recipe by jas kaur
This concoction is given to mothers during the 40 days period of their post birthing its helps relieve menstrual pain n cramps n helps clean up the stomach by flushing out all the impurities however this could also be taken by others to relieve menstrual pains, cramps and feeling of heaviness. This mixture is very warm so it should not be consumed in hot weathers and should only be taken in small quantities (about 2-4 tsps) twice a day.
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the jaggery with the help of a rolling pin. You could wrap it in a clean towel and crush it with a rolling pin.
- Heat clarified butter.
- Add cumin seeds--let the seeds splutter--make sure they don't turn black.
- Lower the heat.
- Add crushed jaggery.
- Stir until its a smooth mixture.
- Immediately pour in a sealable container (let it cool before placing the lid).
- Consume warm for best results.
- The remaining concoction should be sealed and kept in a cool place and can be reheated in a microwave (for a few seconds).