Recipe by Kevnjess
MMMM...This is a recipe from my step-dad! A family favorite, and never any left overs.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parsley flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1.5 (32 ounce) packages yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in stock pot, fill with water until chicken is covered; On high heat, boil chicken until cooked completely. Usually 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken (do not discard water).
- In the stockpot, add onion, celery, chicken broth, parsley flakes, garlic, pepper, chicken boullion and salt to water; turn to low heat.
- Remove skin from chicken and de-bone chicken.
- Shred chicken into bite size pieces; add to stockpot.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles and butter, cook until noodles are soft. About 15 minutes.