Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Midwest Living. It is from Gunflint Lodge.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless walleyed pike fillet or 2 1⁄2 lbs other lean white-fleshed fish fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- green onion (optional)
- Spray a 15X10X1 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic and lemon juice.Rinse fillets. Cut into 6 servings, if necessary.
- Place fillets in a single layer in baking pan. Brush with garlic-lemon butter; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fish with Romano cheese and cover with bread crumbs. Drizzle the fish with any remaining garlic-lemon butter. (Fish may be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated up to 1 hour).
- Bake in 450 oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until flakes easily. Transfer fillets to warm serving platter and garnish with green onion.
Five stars! We really liked this way to make walleye. Excellent taste, fast to prepare and cook. I skinned the fish first and used panko for the crumbs. Served it with steamed jasmine rice drzzled with extra lemon butter, and a fresh green salad. It was a great meal.
Very easy and tasty way to prepare walleye. We enjoyed with roasted brussels sprouts. Thanks!
Excellent recipe!! Did not change a thing. Will bake my fish this way all the time now.