Gundi (Persian Chicken Meatball Soup)
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in an 8 quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Season wings with salt and pepper; cook, turning once, until browned, about 13 minutes. Add roughly chopped onions, carrots, and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until slightly reduced, about 25 minutes. Strain broth, discard solids, and return broth to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced onion; cook until soft, 3–4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Using wet hands, divide mixture into six 3 inch balls. Bring broth to a simmer; add meatballs. Cook, partially covered, until cooked through, about 17 minutes.
- To serve, divide broth and meatballs among 6 bowls.