Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the Salimi Restaurant, Tel Aviv, Israel.,
Make and share this Gundi (Persian Chicken Meatball Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 lb chicken wings
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium onions (2 roughly chopped, 1 minced)
- 3 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in an 8 quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Season wings with salt and pepper; cook, turning once, until browned, about 13 minutes. Add roughly chopped onions, carrots, and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until slightly reduced, about 25 minutes. Strain broth, discard solids, and return broth to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced onion; cook until soft, 3–4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Using wet hands, divide mixture into six 3 inch balls. Bring broth to a simmer; add meatballs. Cook, partially covered, until cooked through, about 17 minutes.
- To serve, divide broth and meatballs among 6 bowls.