Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a local Chinese restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing rice wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb flank steak, sliced against the grain 1/4 inch thick slices
- 5 dried red chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (red, orange or yellow)
- 2 scallions, cut into 3 inch lengths then shredded
- 1In a small bowl, combine the rice wine, chili paste, soy sauce, sichuan pepper and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates upon contact. Add 3 tbsp of the peanut oil, swirl to coat the pan, then wait one minute for the oil to heat up.
- 3Add the beef, spread it out evenly, and allow it to sizzle undisturbed for 2 minutes. Cook the beef for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oil becomes clear again. Transfer the meat to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- 4Drain the wok of the oil and using a paper towel, wipe clean. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil and heat for 1 minute on medium-high. Add the chilies, garlic and ginger and stir-fry (30 seconds). Add the bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute more.
- 5Add the beef to the pan and pour in the sauce, making sure to use a spatula to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Toss in the scallions then transfer to a plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gun Ban Niu Rou Si (Sichuan Dry Fried Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 305.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 51.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: