Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Classic Rice Krispie Treats with a surprise inside!
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made these for my sons boy scout Halloween party. I used chocolate marshmellows to make the rice krispie mixture brown (to look like dirt). The kids loved them. I used six cups of rice krispies instead of five.
- 32 large marshmallows or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (can be light) or 1⁄4 cup butter (can be light)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup gummy worms, can be cut in half
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat marshmallows and margarine in a 3-qt. saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly to melt the mixture until smooth.
- *I do the above in the microwave, checking and stirring in one minute intervals.*.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in half of the cereal and half of the gummy worms at a time until mixture is evenly distributed.
- Press the mixture into a buttered 9 x 9" square pan.
- Cool mixture in pan, then cut into bars.