Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
When you've got the kids home for the holidays you have to keep them entertained. Here is a recipe for do-it-yourself candy
- 3 packages unflavored gelatin (packages that come in a box each package represents about 3/4 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons flavored Jello gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Kool-Aid (flavor to match jello)
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- candy molds
- In 1/2 cup of icy cold water, slowly add gelatin, kool aid and jello.
- Mix well.
- Allow to stand until mixture looks slushy.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds (or just until top foams).
- With a large eyedropper or turkey baster fill candy molds.
- Put molds in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, remove candy by bending mold and teasing candy away from sides.
- Store in airtight containers or Ziplock bag.
- Recipe makes enough to fill 2 and 1/2 molds that make 16-candies per mold.
i would like to try these they look very good!