Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This sounded like a really pretty, really appropriate salad for Easter. After all, what could represent Easter more than gum drops? (I know what you're thinking,but I say it's a tie!) This could be a real conversation piece on your buffet table, and you know the kids will delight in it! Recipe was submitted by Starshineeliz on TOH. If you want to use large marshmallows in this salad, be sure to quarter them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb gumdrop (use the fruity, no licorice)
- 1 lb red seedless grapes (halved)
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (from crushed pineapple)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1Mix the gumdrops, grape halves, marshmallows, pineapple, and nuts in a large bowl.
- 2Measure lemon juice and add an equal amount of water. Blend with the pineapple juice, sugar and vinegar in a pan.
- 3Bring to a boil. Stir in flour. Cook until thickened, stirring or whisking constantly. Cool.
- 4Pour over the gumdrop mixture and mix well.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gumdrop Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 70.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g