Recipe by Sue Lau
From an article in "Cooking Pleasures", Jun/Jul/04. I thought these would be quite nice to decorate cupcakes, petit fours, cookies and more pressing the gumdrops into shapes the same way bakers use icing to create roses.
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll or press gumdrops until they are very thin.
- Bend and shape the flattened gumdrops to form petals.
- Flatten green gumdrops and cut into leaf shapes.
- Sprinkle gumdrops with extra fine sugar, if desired.
- To make more pastel colors, knead a white gumdrop with one of another color until the colors blend, then flatten.