Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Slices of this sweet loaf burst with color. This recipe is a real kid-pleaser, great for parties and Christmas-time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb gumdrop, sliced
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk; fold in gumdrops and raisins.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake for one to one and a half hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes in pan and then remove to finish cooling on wire rack.
EXCELLENT bread - especially for kids- but do NOT use gummy bears in place of gum drops - took much much longer to cook and doesn't look as presentable altho VERY VERY yummy!! Will try again with gumdrops - but was still very very good!