Recipe by Kellie in SLO
This was always a family affair to make these cookies, mom would get all the ingredients together, dad would stir the dough by hand when it got too hard to mix, and I had the fun job of cutting up the gumdrops.
Top Review by kokeshi doll
These cookies are on my list of all time favorites, as long as they're made with the small spice drops, rather than the larger gumdrops. The flavor of the spice drops elevates these cookies to something special. The texture is perfect - crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Fantastic cookie.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup cut up gumdrop
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the margarine, brown sugar and sugar.
- Blend in the vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the coconut and cut up gumdrops.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- NOTE:Dipping scissors in hot water before cutting up the gumdrops helps them cut easier.
- Either the big gumdrops or the little spice drops work well.