Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe that was given to me by my Mom.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups gumdrops, cut-up
- Cream butter with powdered sugar.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour and gumdrops.
- Chill for 1 hour in bowl.
- Divide into thirds-shape into 3 10-inch rolls.
- Wrap each roll in wax paper.
- Chill for 3 hours.
- Cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- Put slices onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees.
These cookies were great! Don't forget to remove the wax paper before cooking ;-) Joanne Luce