- Fry pecans in butter (small amount). Sift dry ingredients.
- Use some flour mixture to dredge cut up raisins and gumdrops.
- Cream butter and sugar; add well beaten eggs.
- Add flour mixture alternately with applesauce to cream mixture. Stir in soda mixture; add vanilla.
- Add gumdrops, raisins and pecans.
- Pour batter into 2 or 3 small loaf pans lined with waxed paper or greased brown paper.
- Bake 2 hours at 300 degrees to 325 degrees.
- Cool well and wrap in brandy soaked cloth, wax paper and foil.