Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Chuck Taggart's pages, I quote: "A very versatile seasoning blend. Use this as a base seasoning, and build upon it in your dish. Some versions of Creole seasoning blend contain salt -- I don't do that, because I like to control salt content separately. If you insist on this blend being salty, á la Tony Chachere's "when it's salty enough, it's perfectly seasoned!" rationale, start with 2 tablespoons salt in the blend, increasing up to 4 tablespoons depending on your sodium tolerance level"
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 5 tablespoons sweet paprika
- Combine in food processor and pulse until well-blended, or mix thoroughly in a large bowl. The recipe doubles or triples well. Give lots of it away as gifts to your family and friends.