- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) cancut okra, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if desired)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups smoked sausage, sliced and sauteed
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter until melted. Add okra, onion, and bell pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, tomatoes (with liquid), rice, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chicken and heat through. Serve or keep warm in crock pot until ready.
- note: (minus butter and pre cooking meats) all ingredients can be placed in a crockpot and cooked low for 4-6 hours with same result.